Wednesday, June 26, 2013

DoN't LeT mE fEaR wOnDeR


Hello, all! It's Thursday & I leave for the beach tomorrow ( yaya! ), but before I go, I needed to share some pictures from the lake ... and also share another part of my book! Yes, it's coming along, I promise!  I thought I'd share a little about the process, too.  You see, writing a book is not nearly as easy as it sounds. At first, you think all you need is a story line and some characters and you're set, but let me tell you something -- it takes a bunch more than just the facts.  Writing a book takes heart. WHAT, okay so who said I actually had to be connected with the story??  R E L A X ~  because the connection is absolutely the best part of it all.  For me, writing this book is letting go ... letting go of a lot of things I no longer need to carry around.  I'm writing about dreams that will always be dreams, stories that just sit in my brain and clog my train of thoughts.  I'm writing about things such as people disguised as characters, so I can portray how great they really are in real life.  Writing a book is almost like writing my life - plus all the extra cool stuff (:  I'm glad I finally found a place to elaborate my thoughts ... my brain needed some major rest from its wandering.  AlRiGhT, aLrIgHt --- here is the excerpt.

::   Excerpt from Allie's Book (still working on that title!)   ::

        I'd like to think that this is the place where everything's good and everything's safe, but around my corner is a thief lurking about as if his only mission was ever to steal; and around every corner is something even greater than the innocent truth, though we never really know which corners to turn and which to let be - so we end up curious and lost as if it were our purpose just to wonder.  And they all ask themselves what would happen to them if they surfaced with the reality that wonder could never be good enough, that maybe we were meant to toss around at night in our sleep and tiptoe in broad daylight just so we would end up face to face with our questions.  And maybe even their own thoughts were impossible to understand because they didn't want to understand them - simply because they were afraid of what the thief would steal if they allowed themselves to wonder.  What would happen if one of us were to peer around the wrong corner and end up wishing we hadn't?  I need someone to help me believe that it's okay to fall deeply into your thoughts without the fear of going missing.  

Linking with ...

12 comments:

  1. oh, such inspiring words and photos!
    sounds like a great book.

    what a fantastic post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exquisite compositions, I love the silhouettes of these branches, very poetic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful images - I love the soft dreamy colors of the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just amazing! The sky is beyond gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful timing on these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magnificent photography ~ and your book sounds fascinating and it is lots of work ~ Enjoy the beach ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Allie,
    Such inspiring photos-they all caught my eye-I am charmed by the wooden stairs!
    Have a good trip-
    Happy Hugs,
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pinky sky! Such a beautiful time of day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The silhouettes against the sky are wonderful - two of my favorite things...bare tree branches and the sky at sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all of your shots. Sometimes when someone tells me what a beautiful photo I took, I say thank you, but that I didn't make the scene, but just took the picture. Your blog says that. Thanks for visiting me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos-love the tree branch ones! and beautiful excerpt from your book :) Looking forward to seeing and reading more :) Thanks for linking up with at Loves on a Thursday!

    ReplyDelete