Monday, June 10, 2013

An Excerpt


Hello & welcome!  My brother was so very kind to let me photograph his sweet little self.  He is truly so personable & friendly -- sort of considered under the outreach type.  He has the cutest little personality that just adores life, and believe it or not, he's teaching me a great deal about that big thing called life.  He's teaching me a whole lot that I can't describe to you in words - you know, it's that astonishing I-can't-believe-he's-only-ten kinda stretch.  If I could type what a wonderful person he's growing into, believe me, I would; but for now, I'll entertain you with a different interest.

For those of you who don't know me, I love writing & photography.  It was only recently that I decided to take up an adventure - see, I decided to write a book.  Below is an excerpt from an untitled creation of my imagination ... wait now, did you get that?  Yep, that's right.  You read it like it was written, I promise//a book!  In the most genuine honesty I can pull out for you, writing a book has always been the sort of thing I tell myself won't ever be completed.  If you've read the 'about me' page, you know I lOvE to daydream.  I mean, let's be real, who doesn't?  So you can only imagine how long I write before I decide to totally flip the story.  Anyway, back to that excerpt.  Enjoy it, my friends! & have a wonderful week!  xoxoxo.


::   Excerpt from Allie's Book (a more permanent title will come soon!)   ::

        I'm the girl who believes - in everything, at that.  I believe in the sun when it subsides into the clouds just like I believe in the sound of laughter to heal all those broken hearts.  What it is to believe is almost equivalent to what it is to exceed the excess - the excess of beauty from the outside in.  I'm the girl who accepts that brokenness can bring a greater life than a comforting presence of steadiness.  It's not the innocence of a sixteen-year-old speaking, for my words come from a simple desire - a desire to make the world's reality a little more like my dreams.  I'm the girl who will sit in the corner of her room for hours, just imagining the world with my influence marked upon it.  I've come to a realization about all those people who think art and inspiration can't change the world.  It's why they seem miserably shallow - they lack art, definition, expression.  They lack passion.  My generation is one that has discovered the beauty of creation.  It's innovation, really; a type of innovation that cures the soul.  This is the innovation that enhances the identity of an artist, as in the same way it inspires them to change the world by their performance as creators.  I'm an artist in every way, shape, and form.  Not only am I Marie Conley, I am the Marie Conley, and I plan to transform your untitled creation into art.


Linking with...
Project 52 2013 @ Kleinworth & Co.
Inspired Tuesday @ Peanut Butter and Jelly

13 comments:

  1. Great photos - and did you have fun washing off all those lovely colors?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT?! You're writing a BOOK! OMG I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Preciosas imagenes..me han gustado mucho..un beso desde Murcia...

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool pics! thanx for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those beautiful colors of the rainbow, great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not usually a fan of selective color, but wow, this is effective. Love all the colorful shots of the rainbow hands. So much fun for a little one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your writing and photos! Thanks for stopping by SC Photography! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a colorful post!! Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful photos and awesome goal and work on your book! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a unique idea for a photo series.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi Allie. Nice to meet you. Thanks for your sweet comment about my dear grandie. I only have him and three granddaughters thus far. Hoping for more always, but that is not up to me, but I glean from the rewards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Allie, I can't tell you how much I love this post! The photos, the words the whole thing. It's wonderful! YOu are the best!!!! and I'm so very happy to meet you.

    xoxo, Lisa

    ReplyDelete