Sunday, November 4, 2012

Not for a Moment












You see, I'm the kind of person to be scared when she can't see what's in her future.  I have this fear of not knowing.  It scares me to think that I'm diving into a place I'm not sure how to prepare for.  I don't know how to equip myself with the right weapons so that I'm ready to fight when the battle comes.  This uncertainty drives me wild.  I just don't know sometimes.

BUT it seems that I have forgotten something.  I have forgotten that I don't need to know what's in the future because I'm the child of a King who is preparing me with everything I will ever need in this battle of life.  I often forget that I don't have to struggle; I have the option to choose against it.  The real question is:  why don't I?  Well, I let fear be in control instead of trusting in the Father who already knows how to conquer what I'm afraid of.  Why do I do this?  Why isn't trusting as easy as it sounds?  Because... not for a moment were we made to be able to depend on our own perfection.  We were made to live through Christ, and I have to admit that I struggle, even though I don't have to.  More and more each day, I am beginning to understand what avoiding struggle really means.  It means diving into the present without being afraid of what is to come because I know that He won't forsake me, not for a moment.

   

16 comments:

  1. Your beautiful pictures underline your encouraging message - to trust our past, present and future in the hands of the Father, who has set the frames for our walk - and whose loving kindness & steadfast love will hold on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a great way to put it. "...who has set the frames of our walk." I love that! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful photos, great framing, good compositions, greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following via GFC through the Share the Love Blog Hop. Have a GREAT night! Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! xoxo, Allie

      Delete
  4. It is a lovely post and your son is a beaut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is actually my brother (: thank you, and I'm glad you stopped by!
      xoxo, Allie

      Delete
  5. The future is a dream and the past is a ghost -- all you have is now my friend. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm learning to enjoy it more everyday. So many blessings to be thankful for! Blessings to you, Allie.

      Delete
  6. Stunning captures! I especially love the 4th shot.

    ReplyDelete