Monday, October 8, 2012

Little by Little










I look through the window and see my reflection imprinted in the glass.
The view of my face out this window reminds me of how I am constantly trying to figure out how I fit into the world and what I can contribute.
I sit down in this swing and contemplate the future, but no matter how hard I try, I just can't see it.
Every time someone asks me where I want my life to take me, I can't help but hesitate on the answer.
I honestly don't know what my life will look like in ten years.
I have absolutely no ideas.
I think of all the possibilities and never can decide among the many choices before my eyes.
Sitting on a swing, I rock back and forth, as I try to see all of my life at once.
Does it work?
No.
Only God can see great works like that.
As I am still sitting on this swing, I take a different perspective on my life.
I realize that I don't have to know the events.
God has a plan for me, and I have to trust that He will not lead me astray.
He will not let me fall.
He will bring me to places that I couldn't have imagined taking myself.
I am beyond blessed that the creator of the universe holds my life.
I can't wait for him to reveal his plan for me, little by little, step by step.  

No comments:

Post a Comment