Monday, February 20, 2012

Strength


“When I am weak, then I am truly strong.”



I can’t ever imagine what it would be like to live in a world where poverty, hunger, abandon, and loneliness were the only parts of life I knew.  I always have trouble drawing the conclusion of suffering within that kind of life.  I will never know what that’s really like because I will probably never be in such a difficult position.  When we are forced into severely complex situations, we are also forced to develop qualities that we didn’t know lied within us.  We grow out of darkness and sprout new leaves of strength.



                                   

“The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it.” John 1:5



                                      
      
God is light.  He polishes the sun and lets it shine on my world.  Sometimes, he polishes the moon and casts down shadows to bring me to personal conclusions.  Whenever He decides to cast down shadows, there will always be a perfectly good reason why.  I may not always understand, but the light will always break free from darkness, meaning that God will always know best, for He is a true light.

                                     

2 comments: