Thursday, October 27, 2011

Growing Up: Not A Little Girl

My brother, Austin (9) and Allie (me, 13)

 Imagine a little girl....skipping through fields of flowers, learning how to write, discovering her true identity, and uncovering her strong faith, step by step.  I am not a little girl anymore.  I wish I could be young forever. I wish that I will never have to make a life threatening decision.  I wish that I won't ever worry about the next day, afraid of what could be thrown at me.  God tells us to have the faith of a child.  Though we grow on the outside, let our hearts be dedicated to God by having the faith of a child.  Does a child try to please other people by showing off their faith?  I sometimes fall into that trap.  Does a child talk to God with a "grown up language" because they are afraid that God will underestimate their true self?  I don't think so, so why should we?  If we are no longer little children, then we should be able to recognize that God knows we grow up, so why try and prove it to Him?  We are who we are, and no one could ever impact the identity that God has given us.  I am growing up, and everyone around me can tell.  Through my faith, my responsibilities, my decisions, and my overall experiences through the mysteries of life, it is plain to see that I am no longer that little girl in pre-school just waiting for excitement.  I am...who God wants me to be...in the process of carrying out a mission...I am me.

No comments:

Post a Comment